padraighaz

Boosting Hit Counts?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:49 am

I have noticed on a some other websites that a.net photographers will sometimes post messages askling for feedback on images they have on a.net itself. Since there is never any shortage of picture commentary on a.net, and since a.net photographers are extremely demanding and detail oriented, I don't see how general photographers can really contribute more than a.net readers. So, the million dollar question is: Is this just a strategy to boost hits?

Wink

Padraig

(It's been too quiet here - it needs a little stirring up I think...)

AdamWright

RE: Boosting Hit Counts?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:06 am

Well.. my photos dont need plugs to get attention  Wink

Stealthz

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:27 am

Quoting Padraighaz (Thread starter):
I don't see how general photographers can really contribute more than a.net readers.

Of course they can.. it is entirely possible they can add a totally different perspective and show you new ways to see your photography.

A.net photographers are in general "extremely demanding and detail oriented" but they do not represent more than a tiny splinter of the photographic knowledge and experience available.

Quality photography does not begin and end at A.net.. not even nearly.

Cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

eadster

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:42 am

A.net photographers are demanding yes but we have to be to keep up with the demanding acceptance rules.

I link to shots on here from my site so if it gets a few extra hits then so be it. I'm not in it for the hits tho. Its pure enjoyment.

vasanthd

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:45 am

Someone once requested DFW Terminal D interior pictures ( Request: Photos Of Terminal D At DFW (by SvenvdM Dec 28 2005 in Aviation Photography) ). And then immediately I had the chance to visit the terminal. Shot a few and A.net accepted two of them. Then I immediately replied to that post plugging my photos. Then someone whispered in my head    , "people will be cursing me for self plugging". Immediately I edited the post to...

Quote:
Please check today's photos for DFW's new Terminal D (interior)

I guess its true...if your photo is really worthy you would get the hits automatically...and people should shoot for passion and not for hits... (ofcourse I shoot for both  spin   spin  )

--Vas

[Edited 2006-01-24 22:49:03]
One Lucky shot deserves another!

JeffM

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:14 am

Is this just a strategy to boost hits?

Of course it is. But in reality, what do hits do for you? Some have egos that need feeding I'm sure.....

INNflight

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:16 am

I don't see how general photographers can really contribute more than a.net readers.

As said in reply number three already, airliners.net users pay too much attention on upload guidelines and acceptance rules.

'Other' photographers just see the photo. They could tell you things as:

Like it
Don't like it
Would improve this or that

You usually don't get the advice to apply 0.2 degrees ccw rotation.

edit: arrgh typos

[Edited 2006-01-24 23:18:44]
Jet Visuals