QantasA332
Topic Author

Rejection - Any Way To Improve This Photo?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:44 am

I had the following photo rejected for badquality and baddistance.

http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?im...e=anz733zkngh2507042gedited7bl.jpg

Regarding the quality, see what you think... it's certainly not super good, as it was taken a couple of years ago with my old C-750, however I have seen worse.

As for baddistance, I really like the dramatic moutain backdrop and I feel that the scenery justifies the distance, a la this amazing shot:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Eric Coeckelberghs

Sure, the helicopter is relatively small in the frame, but the scenery in, and impact of, the photo more than justify the distance.

Is there any way I can improve my shot for upload, or must it be relegated to my "personal collection"?

Cheers,
Gabriel

A388

RE: Rejection - Any Way To Improve This Photo?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:04 am

Nice photo. I have to agree the mountains in the background compared to the 'small' aircraft gives this photo a more dramatic touch as you pointed out. IMO it should have been added to the database. But that's just my opinion. Good luck!

A388

dc10tim

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:39 am

Gabriel, it's sometimes hit and miss as to whether strictly 'baddistance' shots are accepted (which this is). Each one I think is screened on its' merits. I have had one in particular accepted, but I wasn't confident on uploading. In this instance, the process hasn't worked in your favour - have you tried appealing? I do like the shot.

Regards,

Tim.
Obviously missing something....

QantasA332
Topic Author

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:55 am

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Quoting DC10Tim (Reply 2):
...have you tried appealing?

Yes, I did appeal. I actually had high hopes that the headscreeners would look a little more sympathetically at the distance and the motive behind it, but the shot was of course rejected.

Any screeners care to weigh in?

Thanks,
Gabriel