unattendedbag

Pilot Says "Don't Post The Regestration"

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:24 am

I just finished shooting the cockpit of a G5 and the pilot stated he didn't want the regestration posted with the picture. I don't want to get a rejection for bad_info but I would like to upload the photo. Is there any way around this? Would I need to add a comment to the screeners explaining this along with the reg. so he can check out the validity of the remaining info?

Or will it get rejected automatically?
Slower traffic, keep right

andrewuber

RE: Pilot Says "Don't Post The Regestration"

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:39 am

I'd upload it as "Unknown" and make a note to the screeners. This is fairly common - a lot of big companies won't allow photographs to be taken in their aircraft.

In retrospect, to completely respect their privacy, you'd need to find a clever way to remove the registration and IRS placard in the cockpit. It is clearly posted on the instrument panel. Just make it look perfect as we do not allow "manipulated" photos on a.net.

God know I've never done it... liar 

Drew  wave 
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

jfktowerfan
Crew

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:51 am

That's fine....as long as like Drew said its not obvious in the photo just upload it as "Untitled" rather than unknown and use reg N***** or whatever prefix is appropriate.

Corey
C'mon Man

clickhappy

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:37 am

Here is a tip to all A.net photo contributors (and anyone lurking who might upload in the future).

Don't advertise (and flaunt) the fact that you break the rules here when you upload.

What will happen is your photos will receive extra scrutiny and the screening team will always error on the side of caution.

andrewuber

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:51 pm

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 3):
Don't advertise (and flaunt) the fact that you break the rules here when you upload.

Just to clarify - I was poking fun at the fact that I was suggesting it. I wasn't suggesting that my photos have been doctored - because they haven't.

Anyway - several screeners have mentioned that the screeners do not know who each photo is from during the screening process??? So how would a photo get "extra scrutiny"? And to ERR on the side of caution - would that mean reject any photo that looks like it might have been a candidate for manipulation?

Just wondered.

Drew
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE