Stealthz

Something Scary Happened...

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 pm

After a couple of days of intelligent and mature debate by many people on different but related issues the forum is getting back to the good old days, the days of useful and helpful discussion.. the thing I actually became a FC member for.

Nice to see the more adult atmosphere attracted Johan back as well, hell if this keeps up we will be hearing from Tamsin, Gary and others.

And the photo forum will be the better for it!

Cheers

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

WhyWhyZed

RE: Something Scary Happened...

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:41 pm

Yeah, Johan really attacked those threads. I was definitely shocked to see "Administrator" going down the right side of my browser!

I too enjoyed the old forums, and not all the whining that has occured recently.

I'm Glad to see a change into the right direction...

- Jason DePodesta

eadster

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 1):
Yeah, Johan really attacked those threads. I was definitely shocked to see "Administrator" going down the right side of my browser!

I was amazed at this too, but I am very happy to hear that the others are back too.

Erwin972

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:53 pm

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 1):
I'm Glad to see a change into the right direction...

It looks promising. Some good discussions going on nowadyas...

Kind regards,
Erwin
My gear: Nikon, Sony, Red, Sachtler etc.

sulman

Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 pm

This is what the forum should be all about!
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

Psych

Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:04 pm

I echo all the points made above.

What we really need to see is more constructive debate between photographers and the screening team (and other crew members). The problem has been that many of the 'complaints' of photographers have been worded or get viewed as whingeing, moaning, and unfair/irrational criticism and so those able to respond start to think there is no point. You then get a positive feedback loop, with tempers fraying, more abusive language and even more reason for the powers that be to think the only sensible option is to 'leave the children to squabble amongst themselves'. Hence no constructive debate. Without that crucial communication the sense that things are changing and contributors are being neglected only gets worse.

What has been different over the last couple of days is that a few key people - and that's all it needs - have show they are listening and taking points seriously. For me that's far more important than whether anyone agrees with anything I may be saying - it's that it's being actively heard.

If we can all be constructive and avoid degenerating into a slanging match I feel optimistic.

I too would like to see some old names back - I feel it was the loss of key contributors that has had a big impact on the general angst that has worsened over recent weeks and months.

Take it easy.

Paul

jumbojim747

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:13 am

Its great and its really enjoying to read and try to help out in any way possible.
A toast to the return of the forums of OLD.
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

timdegroot

Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:17 am

I am glad the new course is being appreciated. I hope more screeners and also old contributors who have left will follow as the forum gets cleaned up. I really hope we can keep on going this way because this might be the last chance...

Tim
Alderman Exit

linco22

Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:31 am

Quoting JumboJim747 (Reply 6):
A toast to the return of the forums of OLD.

I havent been around long enough to know what it was like! I'll stick with the way things are going currently which sees me post more and more on here now. Untill people are bored with my posts and i'm told to get my coat......

worried 

Colin

jumbojim747

Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:24 am

Quoting Linco22 (Reply 8):
I'll stick with the way things are going currently which sees me post more and more on here now. Untill people are bored with my posts and i'm told to get my coat......

Colin I'm sure you will never be told to get your coat.
This forums are here to assist and help everyone including the big names.
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

Fiveholer

Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:58 pm

I must agree with everything above. The last few days here have been great! Keep it going guys. This is the way it should be.

Danny
Bring back Bethune!

TransIsland

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:17 pm

I think that debate was much needed, and I can't help but think that maybe something actually changed, even though the crew may not want to admit it. I just had a shot accepted (a few hours ago), and I just went to find it... It's already waaaay back on page 25 of the most recent uploads. Lately, I do remember logging on in the morning and after a few pages I'd be back where I'd left off the previous day. Now of course I did not look at every single one of these photos, it may just be that they are all absolutely up to the new standards, but I don't recall seeing that many new shots in such a short period of time lately...
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.