airkas1
Crew

Why Badmotive?

Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:51 am

Hi,

I got this one rejected for motive. What's wrong with it? Should I appeal?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...20060211_OE-HPZ_ZRH_21-01-06kj.jpg

Thanks,

Kas
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

timdegroot

RE: Why Badmotive?

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:04 am

Can't see anything wrong with it on the motive part.

Tim
Alderman Exit

Delta717

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:23 am

The only thing I see wrong could be the ladder next to the nose. It's a little distracting. Other than that, I don't know.

airkas1
Crew

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:59 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for your opinions. I do however have another case of badmotive which I found out just now.

This is the shot in question:
http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/...20060211_9V-SMV_ZRH_21-01-06kj.jpg

I recently had this one accepted:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Kas van Zonneveld

Now this kind of shot is all of a sudden badmotive? Should I appeal this one aswell?

Thanks,

Kas

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:18 am

That shot is fine. Nothing wrong with it.

B

flyfisher1976

Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:01 am

Quoting AirKas1 (Thread starter):

I got this one rejected for motive. What's wrong with it? Should I appeal?

Again, another case where one or two words from the screener would help clarify things 100%. Maybe I should add this to the "sugestions" thread...although I'm sure it has already been addressed many times before.

timdegroot

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:40 pm

Quoting Flyfisher1976 (Reply 5):
Again, another case where one or two words from the screener would help clarify things 100%

Relax, screeners don't browse the forum all day between 1 am and 3 am.

The motive of the shot is fine. However is looks pretty soft and is on the verge of badquality due to some slight oversharpening. If you can fix that I'd be happy for you to reupload, but write something in the screener comment box.

I do think however that these shots should be uploaded in very small numbers. Two is obviously ok, but we don't need engine shots of every plane that come to zurich. My point is that there may be an unwritten limit as to haow many of those similar shots you can upload, particularly from the same day/angle etc,

Tim
Alderman Exit

airkas1
Crew

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:07 pm

Thanks again for everyone's thought!

Quoting TimdeGroot (Reply 6):
The motive of the shot is fine. However is looks pretty soft and is on the verge of badquality due to some slight oversharpening. If you can fix that I'd be happy for you to reupload, but write something in the screener comment box.

Thanks, I'll do that. Is it possible to have a shot that is soft and oversharpened at the same time  Wink

I do think however that these shots should be uploaded in very small numbers. Two is obviously ok, but we don't need engine shots of every plane that come to zurich. My point is that there may be an unwritten limit as to how many of those similar shots you can upload, particularly from the same day/angle etc,

I can understand that. I only took these 2 and I thought I'd give them a try. So on my behalf you won't see any more engine shots in a while.

flyfisher1976

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:15 pm

Relax, screeners don't browse the forum all day between 1 am and 3 am.

Actually, I think you should relax and not jump on the defensive....

My point was that if the screener had included a personal message with the rejection, maybe all the mystery could be avoided. Motive and quality are rejections that pait with a pretty broad stroke (unlike soft or blurry for example). Even just one word from the screener in these cases could help clarify the rejection reason. Then the shot could be either "fixed" and reuploaded, or binned for the personal collection. Lots of time and aggrivation could be saved here.

airkas1
Crew

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:28 pm

Well, I appealed and it got accepted (within 15 mins after I appealed it!). Now that's some fast screening! Thanks!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Kas van Zonneveld

Leezyjet

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:16 am

How is a pic of an engine Badmotive, yet a Picture of a tree gets accepted and becomes pic of the day (a few weeks ago) just because it has a few blurry streaks of light above it that is supposed to be an a/c, although you could not even make out any part of the a/c ?.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

APFPilot1985

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm

My point is that there may be an unwritten limit as to haow many of those similar shots you can upload, particularly from the same day/angle etc,

I certainly hope that isnt the case for two reasons
1)Unwritten rules in the screening process are a bad idea and will result in more rejections and complaints especially if they are arbitrarily enforced as an opinion of the screener.

2) I for one find these shots awesome, and I know a lot of views (i.e. ad clicks) do as well because they always get huge amounts of clicks.
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion