JohnJ
Topic Author

Airport Overview Motive

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:03 am

I'm not particularly surprised by the reject in the link below, as it was a bit of a gamble in the first place. My inspiration for taking the picture was the excellent airport overview shots of Manchester, UK - if you do a search on Manchester with a category of "airport overview" you'll see what I mean. Very nice and very interesting shots. My image was rejected for both softness and motive. The softness I believe I can fix by using another shot from the series I took. Motive I'm not so sure about. I know that having an aircraft partially obscured by a boarding gate is not something that's generally acceptable here, but I figured by using the "airport overview" category I could possibly get around that issue. Is the boarding gate the motive problem with this shot or is it the fence at the bottom (or something else)?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...ions/big/20060212_bdl_overview.jpg

timdegroot

RE: Airport Overview Motive

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:15 am

I see what you mean. However looking at the MAN shots there are like 20 planes in a row, here we have 5, nothing very spectacular. If you could just get the front aircraft without the gate in front we'd be happy to accept it.

Cheers
Tim
Alderman Exit

mhodgson

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:27 am

I think the problem is the gates are in the way as well. at MAN, the airbridges are on the other side of the aircraft so they aren't so visible, especially when the terminal is made up mainly of widebodies!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

JohnJ
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:14 am

Thanks for the replies. Chances of getting that night shot without the jetway in the way are pretty much nil, so this one will wind up in the old personal collection. But I appreciate the feedback.

John