airkas1
Crew

My Camera Is Acting Weird.. Help!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:16 am

Hi all,

I have a Canon 300D and I use Zoombrowser EX (came with the camera) to download the photos to my PC. However, since I moved back home from Eindhoven the transfer doesn't work anymore.

I have no clue what going on. I tried all the USB sockets in my computer, I've re-installed Zoombrowse. The camera display seems to be ok aswell, no weird symbols or anything. There is this sort of antenne like symbol on the upper right corner which I haven't noticed before though.

As you can imagine, none of the above helped, otherwise you wouldn't read this  Smile

Can anyone please help me fix my problem or does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Thanks,

Kas
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

andrewuber

RE: My Camera Is Acting Weird.. Help!

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:23 am

Personally I would HIGHLY reccommend buying a cheap CF card reader - they are only $10 or $15 around here in the US. Slide the CF card into the reader - and it plugs into a USB port. It is infinately faster than the cable supplied with the 300D and ZoomBrowser (I know - I had a 300D).

If you have USB 2.0 - it will be even faster. Then you just create a folder and drop the images into it. Super easy.

As for troubleshooting ZoomBrowser, I don't know what to tell you. Was the camera disconnected when you installed the software?

Drew  wave 
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

airkas1
Crew

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:35 am

Quoting AndrewUber (Reply 1):
Personally I would HIGHLY reccommend buying a cheap CF card reader - they are only $10 or $15 around here in the US. Slide the CF card into the reader - and it plugs into a USB port. It is infinately faster than the cable supplied with the 300D and ZoomBrowser (I know - I had a 300D).

If you have USB 2.0 - it will be even faster. Then you just create a folder and drop the images into it. Super easy.

I probably should've done that already! I'll look around for such a gadget  Smile

Quoting AndrewUber (Reply 1):
Was the camera disconnected when you installed the software?

Yes, it was.

Thanks for your reply Drew

vasanthd

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:37 am

Quoting AirKas1 (Thread starter):
There is this sort of antenne like symbol on the upper right corner which I haven't noticed before though.

Which symbol do you see?

I think you mean either the Beep icon or Drive icon...and if so, they got nothing to do with the transfer issues.

Regarding the transfer issue, you may have to remove the USB driver and reinstall it. That might help ya out. If not, its cheaper to get a Compact Flash reader (make sure its a USB 2.0) as Drew mentioned.

Cheers!!
Regards,
Vas
One Lucky shot deserves another!

airkas1
Crew

Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:39 am

Quoting VasanthD (Reply 3):
I think you mean either the Beep icon or Drive icon...and if so, they got nothing to do with the transfer issues.

It's the beep indicator    That thing is solved then as it has nothing to do with the transfer. Great illustration btw!!

Edit: Typo

[Edited 2006-02-17 23:40:34]

A388

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:01 pm

Well, my 300D broke too a few weeks ago and now I don't have a camera. I'm looking at fixing it as this seems to be hard here on the island. My EOS300D can't even take pictures anymore now  Sad

A388

TACAA320

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:46 pm

Quoting A388 (Reply 5):
Well, my 300D broke too a few weeks ago and now I don't have a camera. I'm looking at fixing it as this seems to be hard here on the island. My EOS300D can't even take pictures anymore now

Hi,
Any idea how many pics you took before get broken?
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein