edoca

Probably Not A.net Motive, But Sharing Anyway...

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:06 pm

Hi all

I've got a picture taken at St Maarten in the queue now, it's a bit of an airport overview but I realise it's probably not a.net material in terms of motive - many planes but probably all too small in comparison to the full picture (I think quality is marginally OK but even that could be improved, as always).

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/SXM-overview-20060211.jpg

Any feedback would be very welcome. If it's not a pic for here, maybe it can be of interest to those of you who plan a visit to the place in the future. It was taken from the Maho Beach bar through the fence. It shows the old and new terminal locations and gives an idea about the number and type of planes you can see on weekend days...

The second thing I'd like to do with this thread is looking for pics in a similar situation - showing something that may be relevant to spotters but may not be a.net motive...

Oh, and just to be on the safe side, I understand the motive rejections, this is not a criticism against it. Just a fun way of showing some pictures that we would otherwise perhaps not see?

EDIT: typos

[Edited 2006-02-23 15:14:37]

martin21

RE: Probably Not A.net Motive, But Sharing Anyway...

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Gives a good impression about the visitors at SXM, I didn't know there where so many airlines at one time ! But I think it will be rejected for motive. Try to shoot one from one of the mountains in the background  Wink Do you have a Canon 1200mm F5.6 lens Big grin ?

martin21
At 30.000 feet, the sun always shines !

airbusfanyyz

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:34 pm

I had an almost identical shot rejected for motive last year. I'll be watching this one closely...  Wink
Good Luck!

Cheers,
Kaz

Gary2880

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 am

Quoting Martin21 (Reply 1):
I didn't know there where so many airlines at one time !

ditto, interesting shot.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

Kukkudrill

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 am

I wouldn't have thought it's a bad motive, but it does suffer from overexposure (the Air France especially).
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

edoca

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting Kukkudrill (Reply 4):
but it does suffer from overexposure (the Air France especially)

Would you think it is possible to edit that particular area? I just hate those white airplanes when the rest is quite dark... (will probably get lecture now on how not to depend on the light meter in my camera  Wink)

Thanks all for the comments so far. Will leave it in for the time being, plenty of time before it will be actually screened I guess  Wink

timdegroot

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:52 am

Badmotive probably, too many obstructions and not a whole lot of perspective.

Tim
Alderman Exit

Gary2880

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting Edoca (Reply 5):
(will probably get lecture now on how not to depend on the light meter in my camera )

probably just becase as you can see by the background it was blotchy cloud, the white aircraft are in the sun and the darker aircraft are under cloud! maybe have waited until it was totally sunny but i know that may not have been possible..
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson

edoca

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:01 am

You're absolutely right Gary. It just didn't look as if it was improving and it was getting darker as well, and I needed to get back to the airport to catch a flight... Ah well, all reasons to get back there!

Kukkudrill

Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:44 am

Quoting Edoca (Reply 5):
Would you think it is possible to edit that particular area?

Doubt it I'm afraid.
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life