DFW13L
Topic Author

Window/Winglet Shots

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Hey all.

I was on a brand new AirTran 737-700W this weekend (N279AT) and took these winglet shots. I couldn't get a better angle on them because I was in Biz Class  cloudnine 

These are probably the best that I have, but I'm confused regarding leveling. Also, due to the various reflections on the window and off the wing, would there be any hope for these to upload? I like the reflection of airtran.com on the front of the slats, and this kind of shot is rare. In fact I didn't see any airtran winglet shots in the database.

What do you think? One is more zoomed in than the other. One has Airtran going vertical, and one has the horizon horizontal (actually, now that I look at it I need to level it). Also, as you go further up the winglet it gets softer, since I'm shooting through an airplane window, I couldn't figure out how to avoid that and still zoom in.

What I'm looking for is to know if there's any hope for these at all. As in, should I waste my time with them or not.

Using a Nikon D70s with a 28-200mm 3.5-5.6

Thanks for your input.
Matt

See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

dcrusafon

RE: Window/Winglet Shots

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:11 pm

There are reflections so I don't think that they will be accepted...

Sorry  Sad

DARIO

NIKV69

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 pm

Hey Matt  wave 

Great shots! The angle and reflections will hurt you though. If you could have traveled a few rows back and got a better angle you would have been in business. I would hope someone just getting back from LAS would have some nice shots of Janet 732s, A Shamu or Slam Dunk one!  crazy 
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

mfz

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:08 am

From my own experience: the reflections are the killer of these photos - unfortunately!

Sorry'bout that!
Mike
Extra Bavariam non est vita et si est non est ita! --- My flights: http://my.flightmemory.com/mfz

yultopei

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:38 am

reflexion kill your pics, sorry.
PEI in Colombia!!!. [Canon T2i]