GSPSPOT
Topic Author

Kodak Imaging For Windows Help

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:43 am

I'm having trouble editing some images. I want to upload them to myaviation.net, but they're too big I'm told (2MB+). I know you're supposed to be able to resize images using most any image manipulating software.

BUT... I have Kodak Imaging for Windows (no version# when you click on Help and About), and Microsoft Photo Editor on my computer. The Microsoft program doesn't even recognize my file, even tho it's in JPG format(!!).

The Kodak program lets me pull my file up and view it, but apparently only lets you compress new images. I can't figure out how to compress an existing one with it. Can anyone with experience with this program help me out??
Thanks in advance!
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

Kereru

RE: Kodak Imaging For Windows Help

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:11 am

Why not use an Adobe tryout for a month and then buy the program if you like it? Elements for Windows tryout web site is:
http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/download.jsp?ftpID=3105

Cheers,
Colin
Good things take Time.

GSPSPOT
Topic Author

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:26 am

Thanks for the contribution, but I'd really like to be able to use what I have. I'm just trying to find out why I'm unable to use one program, and am able to do precious little with the other. You know, I share something very important with Nancy Kerrigan (remember her??).... Our favorite question is "WHY??"  Smile
Finally made it to an airline mecca!

eadster

Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:32 pm

I think you'll find that any software that is similar to what you have, will have very limited features like removing red eyes, image rotation and thats about it.

You are really going to have to consider getting something on the higher end of the scale if you wish to do more basic and higher photo editing.