NIKV69
Topic Author

Info Help And Opinions On The 5 Engine!

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 pm

Ok, When I was at PHX I was lucky enough to get a chance to shoot the Honeywell 5 engine test plane. I just edited and uploaded it. I know I probably got two categories wrong. I picked "Private" under owner and "Special" under paint scheme. Was this wrong? If so what do I choose?

Here is the shot in the queue.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/nikhoneyphxedit.jpg

I know the quality isn't the greatest but I am hoping the fact that you don't see this bird everyday will help it's chances. I was struggling with getting it level but I think I got it, does it look level?

Let me hear opinions about the overall quality of the shot and edit. I would love to get this shot in the DB!  biggrin 
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

JeffM

RE: Info Help And Opinions On The 5 Engine!

Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:48 pm

You shouldn't have clicked "Special" for the paint scheme. It is for Airliners only. That isn't one. "Untitled" would have been better then "Private".

Too bad you blew the exposure, I think that is going to kill it. Something is up with the contrast as well, another "hurts your eyes.." photo.

viv

Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:41 pm

As Jeff says, it is very over-exposed. Shame.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

NIKV69
Topic Author

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:54 pm

Thanks, got caught by surprise when she was coming in. I had just got there to shoot and wasn't ready with the exp comp. Arrrrg.

Thanks
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!