vasanthd

Will You Accept If This Is Bad Quality And Color?

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:43 pm

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20060428_aa_n767aj_041506_DFW_827_1.jpg

--Vas
One Lucky shot deserves another!

Stealthz

RE: Will You Accept If This Is Bad Quality And Color?

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:53 pm

On a personal note.. No,

What is the big deal, there are much better photos rejected every day.
It appears to be a new 777 but what else does i have going for it? very freaking little IMHO.
A new A/C like an AA 777 is hardly reason for special treatment, can almost guarantee someone will take a competent photo of it in the next few days.
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

vasanthd

RE: Will You Accept If This Is Bad Quality And Col

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:19 pm

Quoting StealthZ (Reply 1):
On a personal note.. No,

So do you think it has bad quality and has some color cast? If so, do advice so that I can improve on it  Smile. But I do see the colors are pretty natural when compared to the original photo...and the time of day and the pfresh paint...
Regards,
Vas

dendrobatid

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Quoting VasanthD (Reply 2):
So do you think it has bad quality and has some color cast? If so, do advice so that I can improve on it

Vas
There does seem to be something strange about the colour, not necessarily a cast, almost a slight overuse of highlight/shadow. The shadows look un-natural, too soft to my eye and that is probably the quality bit.
I would like to have a play with the original if you want to contact me through my profile.
Mick Bajcar

Stealthz

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Vas,

Being more diplomatic than my last post, I pretty much agree with Mick on everything.

Overprocessed is one term I would use and another phrase used in a couple of recent threads.. "it hurts my eyes"

Having said that I would like to have a go at the original.. contact me via profile.

Chris
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

vasanthd

Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:23 pm

Thanks Chris and Mick... Will shoot you guys an E-Mail after I reach home...

Regards,
Vas

Psych

Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:36 am

Hi Vas.

I would like to join in on this  biggrin . I too would like to have a go with the original, as I really enjoy editing the AA livery - especially when reflecting lots of sunlight. But there does seem to me to be something amiss with the colour of the red in the shot.

You could give a prize for the best edit  wink .

Cheers.

Paul

OlegShv

Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:38 am

Something is weird about those reds in this shot. Also, the AA paintscheme lacks contrast with the sky, but you can't really fix this. I noticed some jaggies in the high contrast areas: logo, engine, landing gear door, leading edge of the wing. You might want to rub those out.

Regards,

Oleg.

jumbojim747

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:06 am

I'm surprised that no one has picked up on the over use of the saturation on this shot.
Nice shot by the way but a bit over done on the saturation .
Cheers
On a wing and a prayer

Stealthz

Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 am

Hi all,

I had literally 2 minutes to look at this photo before I had to go and do other things... I am sure Paul and Mick will be able to improve on it further(pretty sure I could when I get time to concentrate on it)

The following pic is a real quick & dirty edit of the orginal .CR2 file, it is not final or definitive just an example of a different direction in editing, quickly level adjusted and sharpened (badly!!)

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 683 File size: 786kb

I think the lighting and weather were conspiring against Vas getting a great shot, but hey we can't always plan the weather!!

Cheers