donder10

Photography At Mirabel

Sun May 21, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I'll be in the Montreal area during August, for a bit, and would like to get a few shots while I'm there at Mirabel.Do any of you have experience of what the opportunities to take shots there are like?

Thanks,Alex

jran225

RE: Photography At Mirabel

Sun May 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Hey Alex,

I think the better question is what you're going to take photos of. Since YMX was "closed" a while back, traffic has been reduced to a couple of odd freighters (Kelowna and Cargojet 722s, FedEx 722s and A306s and UPS 752s), most of which arrive and depart at night. One thing you might want to go out there for are the ex-DL MD11s that are stored there (at least I think they're still there). Your time would be much better spent at YUL IMHO.  Smile

Regards,
-Omar S.
Never tell your girlfriend about all the 'action' you're getting at the airport - only photogs understand that.

lanpie

Mon May 22, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting Jran225 (Reply 1):

Just to confirm Omar reply,

The only activities at Mirabel are of cargo aircrafts and the DL MD-11 parked on a taxiway.

Pierre

yultopei

Mon May 22, 2006 3:01 am

If for your own pleasure, you can catch the terminal and the nice tower, but for aircraft mouvement, it's better to past your turn. Like Jran225 said all cargo comming to YMX is arriving or departing early morning or late night.

You can still see old L1011 of TS but hard to find good spot and security come faster, because nobody go there. You don't have problem with security, but sure they came to know what you do there. As for the DL Md-11, they are still there but is hard to see it. i manage many time to get her, but never can, you need a pass for goinng neer the runway.

Go to YUL, sure you have a better experience.

Best regard
YULtoPEI
PEI in Colombia!!!. [Canon T2i]

donder10

Mon May 22, 2006 4:41 am

Cheers for the info guys,think I'll give it a miss and stick to an afternoon/evening at YUL insted.

Alex