DLKAPA
Topic Author

Any Good 1:1 Aspect Ratio Printing Companies?

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:59 am

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody knew of any printing companies that print reasonably good photos in 1:1 aspect ratio?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

JeffM

RE: Any Good 1:1 Aspect Ratio Printing Companies?

Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:53 am

At what size? Most should do it, or just size it up to a standard size and cut it to your 1:1.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:08 am

Well, max size I can print is 14 x 14, I'd like to go up to about that, the standard 8 x 10 is a bit small for the application.
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

JeffM

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:21 am

Check out Wal-Mart and or Sam's Club. They are printing poster size prints cheap now in one hour. Up to 24"x36" I think. Or if you want larger, go visit the guys at The Camera Trader. It's out on Hampden Ave, west of Santa Fe Drive..(where the drive in theater is..) Turn right at the Corvette dealer, and keep to the left, it is on the left after the stop sign. Great quality prints.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:23 am

Ok thanks Jeff. Isn't Cam trader the place where Jason has all his slides developed? I'll have to give them a shot since I'm shooting slides for the better part of a month.

JeffM

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:28 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 4):
Isn't Cam trader the place where Jason has all his slides developed?

Not sure, but they are knowledgeable people and they use some of the BIG Epson printers and can even do larger. Stop in and talk with them and they will describe how to bring your image in for getting the best results on their gear.

Broadway Photo does slides too I think, but I prefer The Camera Trader.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:34 am

Ok I think I'll have to head down there tomorrow. Yeah it looks like wally world doesn't do 1:1 unfortunately.

nosedive

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:53 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 4):
Isn't Cam trader the place where Jason has all his slides developed?

Denver ProPhoto: Cherokee and Alameda, but haven't been there in months. They may be able to help you. No prices listed, though

Quoting JeffM (Reply 3):
The Camera Trader. It's out on Hampden Ave, west of Santa Fe Drive..(where the drive in theater is..)

Quoting JeffM (Reply 5):
they are knowledgeable

No shit they are, but I haven't been to camtrader in a while. They're between the light on Brady and the Federal Exit just north on 285. Their Printing Prices

Quoting JeffM (Reply 5):
Broadway Photo

Are they in Littleton... around Littleton and Broadway? They're overpriced and not very informative

[Edited 2006-06-14 04:18:21]

[Edited 2006-06-14 04:35:11]

JeffM

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 6):
Yeah it looks like wally world doesn't do 1:1 unfortunately.

True, but you could still have them print your image to fit, and then just cut the .5 off.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 7):
Denver ProPhoto

Awesome shop, I buy my seamless paper there, and all my proofing frames etc, never done any printing there though. Might be a bit pricey on the hardware stuff, though I did pick up some light stands reasonably cheap. They have a huge studio area in the rest of the building, just ask to use the restroom, and you will pass through it on your way.