cosec59

A Small Gripe

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:24 pm

I had 2 photos rejected for "motive". Due to the fact I have other photos in the database of a similar nature, I appealed both also citing other photoid's, from other photographers, to back up my appeal.
The headscreeners were very efficient and replied quickly.
The thing is, they decided the rejections should have been for "soft".
Had I received "soft" as a reason for reject in the first place, I wouldn't have appealed.
I guess that due to the "wrong box" being ticked it will affect my ratio.
Whilst I appreciate how big the queue is and how busy the team is, I would like to think a little more diligance could be applied to the rejection tick boxes
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men

9VSPO

RE: A Small Gripe

Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Smile

[Edited 2006-06-23 11:12:48]

JeffM

Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:37 pm

Quoting Cosec59 (Thread starter):
Whilst I appreciate how big the queue is and how busy the team is, I would like to think a little more diligance could be applied to the rejection tick boxes

I'll bet they would like to reject fewer 'soft' images. Diligance is a two way street don't you think?

clickhappy

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:57 pm

Your images were rejected by a Screener In Training.

What's the problem?

cosec59

Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:40 pm

Quoting JeffM (Reply 2):
I'll bet they would like to reject fewer 'soft' images. Diligance is a two way street don't you think?

I usually treat rejections in a positive way, part of the learning curve. So if I get a rejection for "soft" then I will try to learn from that for future uploads. Thus trying to cut down on "soft" rejections.

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 3):
Your images were rejected by a Screener In Training.

What's the problem?

As I said, I appealed the "motive" due to the reasons I stated above, but wouldn't appeal any other, as stated above.

clickhappy

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:14 am

Well, the screener is learning. Apparently one of the Head Screeners disagreed, so I am not sure what the issue is. I agree with the original motiv rejection. The crop is akward.

If you are worried about preserving your upload ratio, and you think the screening team is doing a poor job, next time why not start a thread and get the opinions of others before you appeal?

cosec59

Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:38 am

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 5):
you think the screening team is doing a poor job,

I never said that.

j.mo

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:17 am

Good lord people. Is reading that hard?

Quoting Cosec59 (Thread starter):

Mark the right box. That's all he is saying.

JeffM can't help but be a  raincloud , so you can always disregard his contribution.

eadster

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting J.mo (Reply 7):
Good lord people. Is reading that hard?

That's exactly right.

Ok so a screener in training rejected it and yes they are learning. But I've requested this recently too from screeners that aren't in training. If the image has a bad motive but its also soft then let us know that. Then we don't upload a sharper version of the image when its going to get rejected for motive a second time around. Once its there and its going to be rejected, tell us all the reasons. That way the Q is shorter and we aren't wasting each others time, and we learn.

Why does it always come down to screeners vs Photographers. All I am asking is if we help each other with a few things we maybe able to improve these few things.

cosec59

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:27 pm

Quoting Eadster (Reply 8):
All I am asking is if we help each other with a few things we maybe able to improve these few things.

Exactly