Simon Cooper
Topic Author

Best Places To Spot At Orlando INT And Tampa?

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am

I am visiting Florida in 2 wks, could anybody tell me the best places to take pictures at Orlando INT and Tampa please? Full details including directions from Kissimee would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks

AirDentist

RE: Best Places To Spot At Orlando INT And Tampa?

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:15 pm

I live in FL and have made many trips to these two airports. If you are going to Orlando solely to plane spot and take photos....FORGET IT. They are at the bottom of my cess-pool as they give every one a hard time. Their idea of allowing you to take pics is from their parking garage only if you contact the right people to "get permission". Its high up all right but very far from the taxi ways/runways and at this time of the year...HEAT HAZE will eat your shots up even with a 400mm or better yet a 600mm set-up to bring subjects closer.

Tampa International is quite good if you check with airport administration first. Their multi level lots give excellent views of the western runway 18R/36L in the mornings and eastern runway 18L/36R in the evenings. Very little international action mostly domestic but the views are great. I think you will enjoy a shoot at TPA just forget MCO for that will sour your vacation. Best bet for Orlando would be some area off airport property, however if you use a 100-400 or similar type lens.......somebody may find you as "suspicious" and you may receive a visit from Orlando Metro Police. Good luck!!!!