Stil
Topic Author

A Words Of Thanks

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 pm

First time I sent a pic to A.net was over six months ago. This is the pic and my first rejection

Big version: Width: 993 Height: 768 File size: 366kb

My goal was to have one photo accepted for the first 20 pics sent. Not for the fact of having one pic published in the best a/c pics database, but for having a pro quality on my pics (my photographers skills were really poor  sigh  ). I examined accepted pics and read every photography thread with regards to quality, post processing and photography techniques; so I became a better photographer (that's what this forum is supposed to be!)

Yesterday I had #19 rejection. This time for "level"  Wow!

Big version: Width: 1023 Height: 217 File size: 65kb

I don't want to show the whole pic because I don't want to hear things like "the pitot seems to be out of focus" or "the tip of the wingtip is slightly oversharpened". Such things are heard often in this forum and i've had enough.

I know being a screener is not easy. If you have to choose one pic from 20 with similar good quality, you choose the one that catchs your eye; or simply one of them. I've seen here, as most of you, not-so-good , fake , pale and boring pics. I've seen striking shots also. But just show me a perfect shot and I'll show you where's the fault.

I've reached the conclusion that having a pic acepted is a matter of luck.
I don't care about #20 attempt because I've achieved my aims, no matter if I don't have even an acceptance and no matter what a screener would say.

In all sincericity, Thanks to all. I've learned a lot here with you

Oze
....... Gueropppa! ......

viv

RE: A Words Of Thanks

Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:57 pm

Quoting Stil (Thread starter):
having a pic acepted is a matter of luck

And the better your shots are, the luckier you will be.

It's quite amazing, how luck sticks to good shots ....

By the way, your first rejection is not level - and is over-exposed - as well as backlit.

[Edited 2006-08-03 11:05:50]

[Edited 2006-08-03 11:06:48]
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

dcrusafon

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:02 pm

I don't want to show the whole pic because I don't want to hear things like "the pitot seems to be out of focus" or "the tip of the wingtip is slightly oversharpened". Such things are heard often in this forum and i've had enough.

Maybe if you show them, we will be able to help you instead of saying that you don't want to hear a,b,c,d,e,f....

Brgrds,

DARIO

INNflight

Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Yesterday I had #19 rejection. This time for "level"

Hi,

Sorry to turn you down, but there's no advice this forum can give you without the photo. It's impossible to judge the file in question with that jpg illustration you posted.

Florian
Jet Visuals

TZ

Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 pm

The image linked above clearly needs a little CW rotation, and I'm not a fan of the overexposed nose and dark left-hand side of the fuselage. You have better images in the db.

TZ
TZ Aviation - Aeropuerto de los Banditos Team Images

JeffM

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:32 pm

But just show me a perfect shot and I'll show you where's the fault.

Probably no such thing.

Such things are heard often in this forum and i've had enough.

And for the most part are accurate comments.

Bad conclusion.

globalpics

Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:11 pm

That being the case I've been lucky over 400 times! Come on my friend, if this site has made you a better photographer then let it continue to do so.Then once you've reached the standard the site requires give it a bash. Also post your photos here first so we can HELP and not destroy you, then you can see where your going slightly wrong and then get some acceptances.Easy really  Smile