Fly-K
Topic Author

How To Recover Images From Damaged CF Card?

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:52 am

One of my compact flash cards (SanDisk Ultra 512) seems to be damaged, neither the camera nor a card reader can read it anymore. I tried the RescuePRO software that comes with it, but it too tells me that the card is damaged. Problem is, it's full of photos that I'd like to recover... what do you suggest? Any other software? Would a professional photo studio be able to help?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

ake0404ar

RE: How To Recover Images From Damaged CF Card?

Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:28 am

K-man,

bad copy pro (http://www.jufsoft.com/badcopy/) did a fine job recovering my photos once (had a defected Scandisk 1GB card)

E-mail me.....

if that does not work....you have to go to the professionals.
Check my reply in....I re-formatted my HD.

www.ontrack.com

They have tools available as well, a bit more powerful than bad copy pro, but it also costs a tad more.

Vasco

Fly-K
Topic Author

Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:22 pm

Thanks Vasco, I'll try badcopy first. Would the trial version work or did you buy the pro one?
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been...

ake0404ar

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:35 am

The trial version would show you the images, but you can't download them.
The pro version could do both....

Still waiting for that e-mail.....

Vasco

Fly-K
Topic Author

Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:50 am

Just realized that too. The trial version someone caused some pc problems but I'll keep trying. And you have that email now, thanks.