I am looking for some information about BKK airport and the spotting facilities. I have been unable to find spotting websites and information in general (apart from 3-4 topics on here). I have quite a few questions .....
- Is there a website showing live flight arrivals? The airport site does not help here ... couldn't even find a flightplan.
- Does the viewing gallery have any opening times? What's the best time to shoot there (late afternoon / evening I guess)? Is it possible to continue shooting if there's some rain (rain drops on the windows ...)? I don't worry too much about the tinted glass, but more about window reflections ... did you experience any problems here?
Photo © Andrew Hunt - AirTeamImages
Photo © Wim Callaert - Brussels Aviation Photography
- The next best spot should be the 21L approach ... see here:
Photo © Shotaro Shimizu
Photo © Malcolm Anderson - t.dot photography
Photo © Jeroen Hribar
Photo © Poowin Bunyavejchewin
I guess it's possible to reach this spot by taxi. What does the police / security think about people shooting there? Is it safe to be there (travelling alone ...), what about robbery? Where exactly is this spot? A map would help here. What's the best time to leave this spot?
- Any hotel recommendations will be much appreciated. Not too far away from Don Muang and not THAT expensive please ...
- Are there are any additional spotting locations? Ramp-tours are not allowed anymore and getting access to the golf course is quite difficult I think.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Phil / EDDL