AirMalta
Topic Author

Pls Help Me Out

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:33 am

Hi
got the below rejected twice for level cannot do it properly dont know why!!Any tip pls?maybe my eyes are tired!! banghead 
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...08_VHWGT_SC7_leveled_malc_pics.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...05_TORNADO_RAF_DEPT_Malcolm_pi.jpg

Malcolm

clickhappy

RE: Pls Help Me Out

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:36 am

The top pic needs about .5 CW rotation, use the buildings in the background.

Not sure about the second, maybe .15 CW rotation...

AirMalta
Topic Author

Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:47 am

Thks Royal i try tomorrow i tried to level with the bldg but seems for nothing!!
Cheers
Malc

garry

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:38 am

Hi Malcolm - the first one I also got to need 0.5CW rotation. You may find it useful to select the measure tool from Photoshop if you are using it (it looks like a ruler) select something that you know to be vertical, so in your picture the building edges or the middle pole. Use the measure tool to select along one of the verticals, I picked the pole. Then go Image, Rotate Canvas, Arbitary. You will then see the amount of rotation required to move the image to level.

This works well I find - except that is when there aren't too many obvious verticals / horizontals as in your second image. As in many of the threads of a similar theme here, the second image just 'looks' as though it needs a little cw rotation.

Hope this helps.
Garry
www.garryridsdale.com

Kukkudrill

Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:58 am

Flagpoles can be unreliable - I've seen a few photos in which several appear, each leaning at a different angle - but I agree that the church as a whole looks slightly tilted to the left. Or maybe they can't build straight in Luqa ...  Silly
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life