Greetings everyone. I just received an email from someone wishing to use one or more of my photos in a publication. The buyer is creating a DVD slideshow of aircraft pictures, some flashcards, and possibly posters marketed at children. He sent two short Requests for Quote.
I am not a professional photographer, and honestly have no clue what to charge for this sort of thing. I've been published before, but at the time my only requirement was of course to be properly credited and a copy of the magazine or book the photo appeared in. What should I do about this one? Also, I understand that unless I specifically grant it to him, I still retain rights to the photo and can allow others to use it. Am I correct?
Looking forward to your responses (and I'm sure many more of you received this email.)
RFQ #1 – Photos For Aircraft Cards.
1. One photo $_________ each
2. Two photos $_________ each
3. Three photos $_________ each
4. Four photos $_________ each
RFQ #2 – Quantity of Photos for the DVD Slideshow.
1. Lot of 10 photos. $_________ each
2. Lot of 25 photos. $_________ each
3. Lot of 50 photos. $_________ each
4. Lot of 100 photos. $_________ each