prat

Quality/Distance Rejection.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:55 am

I know this wasn't the most high quality of photos I've uploaded but I really did have high hopes for it. Unfortunately the heat and engine vapors didn't me any favors, but I thought perhaps it would get overlooked because of the shots perspective. Is it worth an appeal or am I SOL on this one?

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/rejections/big/20060901_yvr-unitedairlines-737-N935UA-01.jpg

timdegroot

RE: Quality/Distance Rejection.

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:26 am

What's with the large size, I'll never understand that. If you already know the quality isn't that great than why not upload at 1024?

Tim
Alderman Exit

Psych

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:31 am

Hello Dan.

That is a very nice photo. Unfortunately I think that the distortion caused by the efflux/heat haze will attract a rejection as far as A.net is concerned. Even uploading at 1024 won't really make much of a difference to that. So I would advise against an appeal.

But it nice to have in your own collection.

Cheers.

Paul

chris78cpr

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:37 am

It's gonna be one for the personnal collection i think.

Nice shot tho, i'd get a print done.

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

prat

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:12 am

Quoting TimdeGroot (Reply 1):
What's with the large size, I'll never understand that. If you already know the quality isn't that great than why not upload at 1024?

I tried at 1024 and the difference was so minute I felt it better off at the higher resolution. I personally prefer uploading shots at higher resolutions for the sole sake I believe they're more interesting to look at, especially with the high quality of monitors people use these days. If a shot isn't good at 1200px wide, I'd rather save my two upload slots for better pictures. I know this one was a bit of a long shot, but I thought I'd try as I really do enjoy the photo.

Thanks for everyones comments, I'll save this one for the personals.

Dan