extremetrek

Another "Help Me" Thread...thanks!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:19 pm

Good Evening all,

I have been working with this picture for two weeks for a friend. I realize its not perfect but I seem to get it pretty nice except for some evil jaggies that I can't seem to avoid. I don't know if you can get it up to basic quality or not, but it is the best picture he's asked me to look at yet, and i'd really like to give him a chance. Anyone not too busy to take a look? Thanks a million in advance!

The picture can be found here

Thanks!

John A
Even scientists say...everything is just light...not created/destroyed but eternally bright!

Psych

RE: Another "Help Me" Thread...thanks!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi John.

I have had a look at the image and am afraid it just doesn't have the quality needed for A.net.

I was able to avoid the oversharpening difficulty you mention, but the bottom line is that it is not sharp in the first place. I had a look at the EXIF data, and noted that the shutter speed was 1/25th - that might have been asking a bit too much. You can see that the wording on the winglet is not quite there. Also the original needed a significant alteration to get it level and, after correcting that, it is not possible to get the whole of the winglet reflection in the edit, which is a shame.

Grain is quite visible too which, for me, shows that the image was not taken with a DSLR. I have to say that you can see the lack of DSLR quality in the original image. Hence the quality of the edit cannot be brought up to what is needed for acceptance here. Sorry.
Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 768 File size: 531kb
Edited Image from John

All the best.

Paul

extremetrek

RE: Another "Help Me" Thread...thanks!

Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:11 pm

Yeah this picture was taken with a very normal handheld simple camera. My goal was to get it as good as possible so that my amigo could see the potential. He asks every day for me to post it up for "the experts" so thats what I have done. Thanks for the attempt though and for the advice. I pitch the DSLR to him every single day!

John
Even scientists say...everything is just light...not created/destroyed but eternally bright!