psyops

Seattle Aviation Photography

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:41 am

I have a conference in Seattle October 19 to 26. I plan on getting on or two days of photography in over that period, and was looking for some advice or pointers on websites with spotting info.

I will be staying downtown, but will rent a car for the days of shooting.

Any advice? Must be lots of places, assuming the wx is okay?

Pete

thetford569

RE: Seattle Aviation Photography

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:17 pm

I was there in 2005 on a trip and I found a road that led off the main street where the hotels are. It was on the South end of the airport and led back to a golf course. From the golf course parking lot I was right in the approach path and had good shots since they were landing to the north. This was at SEA-TAC (KSEA). Sorry I don't know the road names but if you look at google earth or mapquest you'll see the golf course at the south end.

Another good place was Boeing Field. Very cool flight museum and the parking lot is next to the runway.

Brandon

777MechSys

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Depending on timing and Boeing's schedule you can catch some test flights of brand new 777s, 747s, & 767s at Paine Field (KPAE). KPAE is north of Seattle at Everett. There is a great observation deck at the "Future of Flight Museum" or you can stand on some little hills over looking the runway.

Kenmore Air operates quite a few seaplanes out of Lake Union, just north of downtown.

It all depends on what you want to take pictures of.

-Erick

BO__einG

Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:38 pm

DO sight seeing too!
Seattle is Beautiful! By the way, is that WaMu Office Tower complete yet?
Another addition to the skyline. I did a drive around the city on the causeway of I90 and that other highway miles to the north and it was awesome.

Plane spotting in the evenings at Boeing is great! DC-8's! I hope they are still around. Sea-tac in the mornings up till noon and then 3pm-7pm for Euro flights.

The only regret is that I missed out the Seattle Public Library and the Experience Music Project. Oh well there is always next summer!
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.