Thanks,
Alejandro
Whatever

ThierryD
Crew

RE: Help With These Two Rejections

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:35 pm

My area of expertise!  Smile
AMS + bad weather (bad lighting) + common plane + common motive = quality rejection
The quality of your 2 shots is ok but due to the mentionned reasons they won't make it to A.net as there are just already too many similar shots with even better quality in the db.
When you shoot in AMS with weather like this you'll have to get a very special motive or plane to get it accepted on A.net these times.

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

jid

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:06 pm

I have to agree with Thierry here, although your shot is rather dark and could take quite a bit of 'brightening' which would improve its appearence.

I have the same problem at MAN, if the sun is not out.

Jid
G7EPN is back after 15 years! Operating all Bands 80mtrs -> 70cms QRZ DX

alphafloor

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:26 pm

Thanks for your input guys.

Quoting ThierryD (Reply 1):
The quality of your 2 shots is ok but due to the mentionned reasons they won't make it to A.net as there are just already too many similar shots with even better quality in the db.

Shouldn't be mentioned on the rejection email 'Common' ?
Whatever

ptrjong

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 pm

9V-SVN has a still managable 54 shots in the database and EC-JPL has actually only nine shots in the database. I'm not complaining, but sometimes there seems to be an inbuilt penalty for shooting in AMS - I got some shots of similarly common aircraft accepted from other locations that I believe would never have made it had they been shot at AMS. I can kind of understand that as AMS is obviously over-represented with some 3% of all photos in the database, but this is not being said officially.

Quoting Alphafloor (Reply 3):
Shouldn't be mentioned on the rejection email 'Common' ?

The COMMON rejection only kicks in with 80 or so shots in the database. I think it's a little misleading because rarity/commonness is always being taken into account, no matter whether the plane has 0, 10, 30 or 200 shots in the db.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)