futterman

Too Wide For A Good Motive?

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:48 am

Hey all,

I'm thinking about uploading this shot, but can't seem to figure out whether or not it has its place in the database. I've seen photos showcasing just the engine(s) before, as well as wildly distorded ultra-wide angles, so I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks before I send it away to get axed (or added).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian

EDIT: Tell me what I want to hear, it's my 3rd year in this joint!

[Edited 2006-09-24 18:56:02]
What the FUTT?

JeffM

RE: Too Wide For A Good Motive?

Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:35 am

Quoting Futterman (Thread starter):
Thoughts?

I like it B, but if took a step back, you could have included the right main landing gear completely, and I would have tried to have centered myself on the engine a little more, as the angle doesn't sit well with me for some reason. Though that is not a 'killer' for me.

Could you have popped a flash into that?

codeshare

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:01 am

That's a nice shot, I think it's worthy, what lens did you use?

KS/codeshare
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

futterman

Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:10 am

Thanks, guys.

Quoting JeffM (Reply 1):
I like it B, but if took a step back, you could have included the right main landing gear completely, and I would have tried to have centered myself on the engine a little more, as the angle doesn't sit well with me for some reason. Though that is not a 'killer' for me.

The gear's not cut off in the original, but if I were to include it, there would be more dead space around the sides after the crop than I care to have.

Curious to know how you would have centered the engine a little more...you mean by moving further to the right?

Quoting JeffM (Reply 1):
Could you have popped a flash into that?

Could have, but didn't have one. Interesting idea for the future. (Wonder what it would look like if the flash was in the back end!)

Quoting Codeshare (Reply 2):
That's a nice shot, I think it's worthy, what lens did you use?

Canon 10-22. Shot it at 10mm on the 20D, ISO 100, Av f20 for a 30" exposure.

Brian
What the FUTT?

JeffM

Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:18 pm

Quoting Futterman (Reply 3):
Curious to know how you would have centered the engine a little more...you mean by moving further to the right?

Yup, to the right and UP a little.

Quoting Futterman (Reply 3):
Interesting idea for the future. (Wonder what it would look like if the flash was in the back end!)

That would work too. One in the back and one for fill from the front would look unique.