foppishbum

Help! - Good Spots At SMF?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi All!!

I'm just an amateur aviation photographer and the nearest airport to my city is SMF -- Sac International. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on where are the sweet spots where I can get some interesting take off/landing pictures. Any info will be appreciated!! Thanks guys! Big grin

foppishbum
Taiwanese-American :D

Fiveholer

RE: Help! - Good Spots At SMF?

Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Hey,

I have only been to SMF once. I know Whitebird lives nearby, but when I was there the weather was complete $&%#!  Wink Jason is the "local" for SMF, he could help you out with some spots probably. I shot from the parking garage from which you will need a lens with some reach. No hassles by security there, but we were there a short time. Also, there is a road that is non the north end of the runways. A small country road. I think I have read somewhere that its a "no-go" area. We were there an hour or so with no hassles but only got out of the car to shoot. If you like Southwest, go for it! Big grin

Danny
Bring back Bethune!

foppishbum

Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:21 am

Hey

Thanks for the tips! I'm gonna try the country road around Hwy 99 and see if I can get any good shots of planes on approach.  Smile

Cheers,

foppishbum
Taiwanese-American :D

Brick

Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting Fiveholer (Reply 1):
I know Whitebird lives nearby, but when I was there the weather was complete $&%#!

Bad weather where ever Jason is? No!! I refuse to accept that!  Smile
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

CO777

Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:07 am

Mark,I never get bad weather.Try the parking garage in the afternoon hours.This time of the year the best time for pics is after 5pm.But theres a catch.Most of the traffic is SWA.Also there AWA/US and DL and keep watch of the poles.Danny your the one that brought the bad weather to SMF.I get sun everywhere i go.
Jason Whitebird