DLX737200
Topic Author

Planning A Trip To ZRH: Help?

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:23 am

Hey everyone. I was planning on taking a couple days off work sometime in the next month or two and possibly heading over to ZRH for a little shooting. Now I will not have a car and will only be there for a little over 24 hours. I need recommendations for photography around ZRH that I can get to by foot/bus but will provide nice shots. Also, can anyone recommend a decent, affordable hotel around ZRH for one night's stay? Thanks for any help!

-Justin

LGW

RE: Planning A Trip To ZRH: Help?

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:26 am

Justin,

I can talk about ZRH spotting but I'll let a local do that, when I've been I stayed at the Parkk Inn - I paid about £60 prpn inc breakfast and free shuttle to the airport, you can also walk to the heligrill from here and the beds/showers are amazing!

Also stayed at the Movenpick, lovely hotel with free shuttle I got a great deal but it's normally not too cheap and you can't walk to any spots from it.

There are many other hotels but these are the two I've used and can recommend them

Ben

N864DA

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:09 am

There are plenty of shots on this website from ZRH and you will be surprised how easily most of the places can be reached. On the top of Terminal 2, there is an observation deck. The aircraft get really close and the photo opportunities are very good.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Thomas Ernst - Aviation Arts

Also, you should take the bus tour. It will take you to the midfield Terminal E, where there is another observation deck which provides a different vantage point. If you do the Rundfahrt tour, it will take you to an area on the ramp very close to the 16 departures. Try to schedule it around a heavy departure.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Thomas Ernst - Aviation Arts

The heliport area is also very popular and is near the town of Rumlang. It is about a 15 minute bus ride from the airport and is acessable by the S-Bahn. From the Rumlang station, it is a 10-minute walk to the heliport.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Oliver Baumberger

ZRH is full of good spots but just be sure to time yourself to be there during the action (mostly from 10:00-4:00) and spend the rest of the day in the beautiful city. There is plenty to do there, as well.

N864DA

LXLucien

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:43 am

Hi justin

or you can use the "Park Inn" bus to go near the heliport (last picture) and walk along the road to the spotting point.

For further info,
check:
http://www.planepics.org/zurich_spot_en.html

It's in english and it's full of tipps!

bye

Lucien
Quote "Syriana": "Beirut, it's like Paris in the Mid-East"