TransIsland
Topic Author

Rejection Help

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 pm

I've really ruined my acceptance ratio over the last couple of months... I'm at 34% now, coming from 80% earlier this year.

It seems that I get pictures rejected for all sorts of reasons... level, dark, soft, contrast. Sometimes they come with a message from the screener enlightening me about the exact issue, most of the time, however, they don't.

So I go back to the drawing board, address the issue pointed out to me, and then get a quality rejection. Almost every single time.

Here's the last two. Help appreciated.

First "dark" now "quality" - http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...1008_20060911_MYNN_G-VGAL_SBA6.jpg

This one was rejected for "soft" - http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...0917_20060911_MYNN_G-VGAL_SBA2.jpg

When I sharpened the tail a bit more, it was rejected for "level" - I appealed that and the headscreener looking at the appeal rejected it for "quality" - because we're talking abouot a rejected appeal, I can't show it to you anymore. What really annoyed me about that appeal that it was rejected within seconds. I hit the appeal button, and loaded the queue status page - and it had already been rejected again.
I'm an aviation expert. I have Sky Juice for breakfast.

Kukkudrill

RE: Rejection Help

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:42 pm

No. 1 needs some CCW rotation I think - level the engines. It also needs a bit more sharpening in my opinion, especially the tail.

As regards no. 2, the tail still looks soft to me (insufficient depth of field?) and you have some noise in the sky. Also I think this one does need slight clockwise rotation, but that may be debatable.

Charles
Make the most of the available light ... a lesson of photography that applies to life

Sinkrate

RE: Rejection Help

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:59 pm

I agree with the above. The tail in the first needs sharpening. Number two, I agree with the CW rotation.

Mike