wrighbrothers

How Do I Upload Pictures?

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi, This is the first time I've decided to upload my photos, and while I'm uploading them to Myaviation.net (since they wouldn't be good enough for A.net).
Anyway, I'm hoping someone can help me in uploading them.
The photos are already on my photobucket, and I was wondering, how to upload them from there, do I have to change the URL so there are no full stops etc ?, if so how do I go about that ?

Here is an example, now when I try to upload it to myav with just this ULR (without the IMG bit), the page just doesn't do anything, i.e- it doesn't load.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/wrightbrothers/Amsterdam/Picture016.jpg

Thank you in advanced
Wrighbrothers
Always stand up for what is right, even if it means standing alone..

JeffM

RE: How Do I Upload Pictures?

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:29 pm

If you are talking about uploading for possible inclusion to the data base, the photo should reside on your local drive, not on the web. You only need to host it on the web if you want to show it here in the forums like you did above.

When it's on your local drive, just browse to it, select it, and click upload after filing in the necessary information.

wrighbrothers

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:41 pm

Hi

Quoting JeffM (Reply 1):
When it's on your local drive, just browse to it, select it, and click upload after filing in the necessary information.

well, it's in my pictures, and when I try to upload it from there, it brings up a message about how the URL can't contain anything other than letters and numbers, and I'm not sure how to/if I can, change the URL.

Wrighbrothers

jorge1812

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:04 pm

I doubt you can upload pics from the web, only from you HDD. Also think it's unlevel.

Georg

malandan

Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Alastair.

Don't concern yourself with the URL, this will be taken care of automatically.
The important thing is to ensure that the title you have given to the image as it is in the folder on your PC, does not include any blank spaces.
If for example, you have titled the image
F18 Denver Oct 06.jpg
Change this to
F18_Denver_Oct_06.jpg
or omit the spaces altogether, and also avoid keyboard symbols other than dashes and full stops.
Click on the browse button toward the top of the upload page, find the file on your PC that you wish to upload, click on it, and the full URL for this file will appear in the appropriate field.

Malcolm.
My interest lies in the future as I am going to spend the rest of my life there!

wrighbrothers

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:30 am

Quoting Malandan (Reply 4):
Alastair.

Don't concern yourself with the URL, this will be taken care of automatically.
The important thing is to ensure that the title you have given to the image as it is in the folder on your PC, does not include any blank spaces.
If for example, you have titled the image
F18 Denver Oct 06.jpg
Change this to
F18_Denver_Oct_06.jpg
or omit the spaces altogether, and also avoid keyboard symbols other than dashes and full stops.
Click on the browse button toward the top of the upload page, find the file on your PC that you wish to upload, click on it, and the full URL for this file will appear in the appropriate field.

Malcolm.

Ahhh, thank you very much Malcom ! I've just uploaded my first photo to myav Big grin

Wrightbrothers
Alistair