acontador

Which One To Upload?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:08 am

Hello Everybody!

I need some help, as I cannot decide which one of these pictures to upload (both from same aircraft, taken just seconds apart). Any other comments regarding quality/motiv are most welcomed!

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 683 File size: 622kb

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 683 File size: 559kb
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!

waketurbulence

RE: Which One To Upload?

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:29 am

I like #1 better. For me #2 is not balanced in the frame. Regarding quality, I don't think either will make it in as is. The lighting isn't very good in the first, and the motive is a little off in the second.
-Matt

eadster

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:38 am

Second one as its not backlit and has more detail.

JRadier

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:51 am

if you choose to upload #1, maybe crop it a bit closer on the left side so the pole is not in the photo
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and ther

Psych

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:49 pm

Hello Andres.

I hope you are safely back at home.

If I put a screener's hat on I would have to say that I would not recommend uploading either shot, I am afraid. The first has the issue with backlighting and I am not convinced of the sharpening, and the nose is somewhat 'blown out'. For the second, the motive is slightly more of an issue due to the centring (though I personally don't have a problem with it), but again a bigger issue is the slight overexposure down the left side of the forward fuselage - I think that is on the limits.

All in all I think both would be risky.

Take care. Un abrazo.

Paul

redfox

Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Psych says it all,

#2 is best but need the engines balancing to centre the shot.

acontador

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:18 am

Hi Everybody!

Many thanks to Matt, Martin, Jurgen, Paul and Stephen for your good advise! I think picture 1 is out of the question because of backlit, so I concentrate myself on 2.

Having read all your comments, I reworked same to this edit:

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 683 File size: 636kb

What do you think now?

Lanas

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi Andrés!

I like the pic very much. I like this one better than the backlit one, and this last edit is very nice, I like it. It was much better to include the second engine.  bigthumbsup 
My comments: I see it slightly oversharpened, and the whites near the cockpit are a little blown out, in my opinion. I would upload it anyway, I think it´s got chances, the pic is very nice.  yes 
Good luck with it!

Cheers!
Lanas.-
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien

ptrjong

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:12 pm

Hi Andres,

In my opinion, the aircraft is now high in the frame - there's no need to cut the tail with so much space at the bottom. I'm not sure what the screeners will think.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

acontador

Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:50 pm

Hi Gaston and Peter,

Many thanks for your comments. Will just give it a try (after some retouching). Actually, the nose is exactly in the middle of the frame, but I agree that overall the aircraft now looks a little high. Btw, that was the main reason for the first crop  Wink

ptrjong

Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Acontador (Reply 9):
Actually, the nose is exactly in the middle of the frame, but I agree that overall the aircraft now looks a little high.

That's because the nose (fuselage) should generally not be in the middle Wink

Quoting Acontador (Reply 9):
Btw, that was the main reason for the first crop

That's what I suspected Wink

By the way, the intakes are pitch black holes. Maybe you could bring out some detail.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

acontador

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:07 am

Hi Peter,

My biggest problem here is the big contrast between the very bright fuselage top-nose and the shadow areas. When taking the picture I was not able to have the full range in it, so the intakes went black but the top-nose did not blow out completely. Unfortunately, due to the angle of the sun, I only was able to have some light into the engines on the earlier shots in the sequence, which all show the fuselage backlit  Sad ...this is not the easiest spot at SCL to get pictures, but almost the only one where you can have some low-angle light in the evening.