f4wso

Found One Of My Pictures Through A Subscription

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:24 am

I was perusing my subscription copy of Computer Pilot when I saw a photo of mine used in a C-47 article. The caption said it was the cabin looking aft.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gary Chambers

Nope, it is looking forward. On my next visit to the Air Zoo, I took a picture looking aft.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Gary Chambers

I tried contacting the magazine twice with no responses. With no good faith on their part, I now plan to send them an invoice. I certainly don't plan to renew my subscription since the don't respect copyrighted material nor respond when good faith efforts are made to resolve the matter.

Gary
Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Seeking an honest week's pay for an honest day's work

Avsfan

RE: Found One Of My Pictures Through A Subscription

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:45 am

Gary,

I seems that using people's photos without their consent is becoming the thing now. I am curious to see if someone uses one of mine over the next few weeks. I received e-mail last night from some Asian company asking to use a picture that I have on myaviation.net for one of their websites. They said that as compensation for letting them use the picture I can have a free copy of their magazine. Yeah right, they can look other places for a picture like mine. I might just have to remove it from the myaviation.net site.

As for the Computer Pilot magazine picture, it definitely was wrong for them to use the photo without your permission. I would definitely look at going after them for using it, especially if they are a well known and popular flight sim magazine. As far as getting ahold of them, I have tried numerous times to complain to the editor and others at the magazine about my subscription issues arriving late. Unfortunately I have never received a response. All I can say is good luck on getting a response.

All I can say is that even with pictures here on A.net or any sight that someone uses to display their work, they need to place a watermark towards the center of the picture so that it cannot be used in the future.

Louis
"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth...Put out my hand and touched the face of God"

Gary2880

RE: Found One Of My Pictures Through A Subscription

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Quoting F4wso (Thread starter):

Considering you can see the ruddy cockpit and instruments, not the brightest of penny's i guess.
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel :- Samuel Johnson