OD720
Topic Author

Any Ideas On This?

Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:28 pm

It's just another rejection.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r...ions/big/20061125_fomechangbey.jpg

Reasons: Motiv, Common and a Personal message.
The message is actually one word which say: "crop"

What should I crop? And what's with the motiv? I don't do a lot of side shots but I think it's well in the guidline.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

dendrobatid

RE: Any Ideas On This?

Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:49 pm

When little bits are missing like a the small portion of the tailplane, such as here, then there is a risk of a motive rejection and I guess that is what the screener meant.

Quoting from the rejection reason :-
Photos showing just a part of an aircraft (with no motivation for doing so, like a special sticker, damage etc.). Additionally, cutting off the nose or a part of the tail can also result in a motive rejection.

Note the word CAN !

Well motivated crops are acceptable, tight crops, but here there is little or no reason for that missing bit.

Mick Bajcar

OD720
Topic Author

Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:30 pm

Thanks Mick for taking the time for such a good explanation. I guess the "crop" message confused me more than anything else even though I always appreciate such messages from screeners.

All the best to all.
Vatche

eadster

Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:09 pm

One thing also I noticed is the shot is a bit oversharpened. Jaggies all over the leading edge of wings and horizontal stabiliser. Also the trailing edge of the previously mentioned areas are jaggered too plus the tail.

Lanas

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:02 am

Vatche

Maybe if you had cropped closer to the fin then it would have looked nicer. I either crop tight to the fin or include the whole elevator/tail stuff.
As for the jaggies I have to agree with Martin. Get rid of those jaggies before uploading it again.

Cheers!
Lanas.-
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien

OD720
Topic Author

Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:49 am

Many thanks again to all comments.

I probably won't upload this particular photo again. It's not that special anyway. The one thing I liked most was the clear blue sky with the cloud pattern.

I want to share something though about jaggies. Lately, I have noticed that full frame photos of planes make a lot more jaggies than that of heavily cropped ones, like around 50%. Of course after resizing the photo down to 1024 pixels. Has anyone else noticed this as well?