crank

Status Of The LAX Radisson?

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Hey guys,

A few months ago it was reported that the outdoor smoking area on the roof of the LAX Radisson had been closed to spotters, however I've noticed that recently some photos taken from this excellent spot (or near it) started to appear again. Is it re-opened or are these photos taken through windows?

Thanks

dbudd

RE: Status Of The LAX Radisson?

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:27 pm

Last info we had is that in limited situations the management is allowing photographers back on the roof. Now weather they are hotel guests that had long standing reservations (that knew nothing about the closure) getting upset with the desk come check-in we do not know.

Maybe best to email those who are uploading the shots again...

Dave

ake0404ar

Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:09 pm

I would say the LAX Raddisson Lounge (outdoor smoking area) was never opened for spotters.......it was there to accomodate hotel guests who wanted to have a drink or two.

Too bad that this "spot" was made public and Joe Schmo and Plain Jane went up there to ruin it......!!!!

Vasco G.

Tommy Mogren

Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Quoting AKE0404AR (Reply 2):
Too bad that this "spot" was made public and Joe Schmo and Plain Jane went up there to ruin it......!!!!

I hope I misinterpreted your post, because it sounds like you're sad that more people than the "select few" in the local gathering found out about your gold spot.

I hope that's not the case, because I personally think that it's a blessing that a lot of people share their spots with others. So that we can share the hobby together and find new great locations.

However, having said that, it goes without saying that everybody should behave and treat locations with respect so that the owners and authorities can't complain about us being there. We all want to be able to return to our golden spots for more shots in the future, right ?

and...just for the record...No I have never been to this LAX location.

Tommy Mogren
Flightdeck Action - Cockpit Videos on Blu-ray and DVD - Flights In The Cockpit- You're Invited!

NIKV69

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:23 pm

I would say the LAX Raddisson Lounge (outdoor smoking area) was never opened for spotters.......it was there to accomodate hotel guests who wanted to have a drink or two

Well you made sense here..

Well this doesn't make any sense. I believe the story was the new manager felt being anywhere up in the lounge during hours it was not open was a risk and put a stop to it. I know there are many here that want to start blaming people for not being able to use it. (Let me add these people wanted to go shoot without being guests of the hotel or buying a single thing from the hotel) In reality it's not true. If I was going there I would (In addition to being a guest and eating my meals in the lounge) ask the manager if he would mind if got a few shots from there in the day time and you will probably find him accomadating. Unless he is a schlub or lackey  sarcastic 
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

cosec59

Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:44 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 4):
ask the manager if he would mind if got a few shots from there in the day time and you will probably find him accomadating.

The General Manager is female  Wink
Rules are for the obedience of fools but for the guidance of wise men