ua777222

Can Anyone Recomend A Free SideShow Generator?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:11 pm

I need to put a photo slideshow together for a memorial service. Can anyone recomend a software or program that will allow me to burn onto a CD the photos I wish with some form of decent presentation with music?

Thanks,

Matthew
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

Stealthz

RE: Can Anyone Recomend A Free SideShow Generator?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Matt,
OpenOffice.org is your friend. You can download applications that are in effect MS Office clones.
OpenOffice Impress is effectively the same as MS PowerPoint and will allow you to produce pretty decent slideshows at low(no) cost!

If you have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, they will both produce a PDF presentation slideshow, perhaps not with all the bells & whistles but then for a memorial service less is likely better!

Cheers

Chris

[Edited 2006-12-18 10:41:42]
If your camera sends text messages, that could explain why your photos are rubbish!

JeffM

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:01 pm

Quoting UA777222 (Thread starter):
I wish with some form of decent presentation with music?

Don't use copyrighted music. Try something like Stock 20:

Stock20.com creates high quality music for media production. If you create a free account, they will give you a $7 store credit (which will get you one free song).

If you use my referral link (below) I get one free song, you'll get a total of $14 credit.

Here's how:
1) Click this link, then create a free account (it takes about a minute):

http://www.stock20.com/gvr.php?rc=65xl2nv1897asd5v2x

2) Your new account will automatically be credited with $7 (enough to get a free song).

Then you will get an additional gift certificate by e-mail, just for creating an account. That's a total of $14 in free music.

As to the slide show programs, there are a few out there that should do the trick. I quick search will produce lots of hits.

LIPH

Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:51 pm

Go with Irfanview. Free and excellent slide show creator....

Regards
Life sucks. Then you die. Live fast, die young.

CalgaryBill

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 am

I use Photodex's ProShow Gold. I believe there is a free version of ProShow, plus multiple versions with different feature levels. Their new version, 3.0, has some great features and looks like a lot of fun to try.

You can check them out at photodex.com.

B