Fiveholer
Topic Author

Rejected But Still Wanted To Share.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:19 am

This one was rejected rightfully so. I just wanted to show that it is KIND OF possible to bring back overexposed shots. Maybe not up to this site's "standards" but it's still possible. I did this using multiple layers and NOT the shadow/highlight tool as the personal message in the email would say. Anyway...I don't REALLY remember my steps to get to where I did! Big grin This one was a combo of not checking my ISO on camera after taking a reading with the meter. I was in a hurry and it shows.  Wink

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/330406461_8e8b6bd8d4_b.jpg

Danny  Smile
Bring back Bethune!

law4fun

RE: Rejected But Still Wanted To Share.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:59 am

Damn Danny....Stop Wasting the Screener's precious time....

Wink

BTW, Merry Christmas and Happy 2007!!!!
Canon Shutter Slut

mikephotos

Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:51 pm

Danny,

Can I ask why you needed to use multiple layers and tons of steps? A simple levels correction alone (no other edits performed on my sample) IMO actually starts off better than your edited shot? With a little bit of work it could probably be accepted. Depends on what the full size image looks like, working with these tiny previews of course is a lot different.

Example: (hope you didn't mind me working with your image)

Mike

Fiveholer
Topic Author

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:01 am

OK, here is the original. With your levels adjustment, I can tell right away that whatever it was that I did got rid of the "hotness" on the side of the fuselage just above the windows was better than the levels adjustment. I still see lots of "blowout" in your version. Overall...I knew it was a risky shot to go about trying to get in the DB. Just a boneheaded move by me not paying closer attention to my settings and trying to get set up while he was backtracking to the ramp. Favorite plane at a favorite airport for me. Anyway, it was also rejected for quality so I doubt there is any fixing it. Here is a larger sample, albeit not the original. Just a larger version of the side by side.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/148/330406461_8e8b6bd8d4_o.jpg

Thanks,
Danny
Bring back Bethune!