flamedude707

Specific Spot At SFO

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Has anyone here spotted on top of the rental car parking garage at SFO? Could you please post a shot taken from there. I am planning on getting out there sometime and wanted to know whether it is worth it going up there. Anyone know how long a lens you need to get good results?

Thanks
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted.

QANTAS077

RE: Specific Spot At SFO

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:38 pm

i have...but it's not a rental parking lot and i DON'T suggest you go, it's a UA staff parking lot.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Montague Smith-WorldWide Aviation Photos

Avsfan

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Quoting QANTAS077 (Reply 1):
it's not a rental parking lot and i DON'T suggest you go, it's a UA staff parking lot

If it is a UA staff parking lot, why dont you try to get in touch with the main office for UA there and see if you can get permission to photograph from there? If they say yes than have fun, if not then oh well and move to another location.

[Edited 2007-01-03 06:48:19]
"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth...Put out my hand and touched the face of God"

QANTAS077

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:46 pm

that shot was taken when the 10's were in use..obviously a longer lens would be in need for the 28's.

flamedude707

Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:14 pm

I am pretty sure there is a rental car parking garage by the long term lot. I have heard a bit about it. I don't think that is a UA staff lot but i may be wrong. Anyways, does anyone know how the view is from up on the garage.

Thanks
Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted.

QANTAS077

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting Flamedude707 (Reply 4):
I am pretty sure there is a rental car parking garage by the long term lot. I have heard a bit about it. I don't think that is a UA staff lot but i may be wrong. Anyways, does anyone know how the view is from up on the garage.

they are both close to each other..UA & rental lot, how long do you think you're going to last at the rental lot? i know it won't be very long..once your spotted your told to move on. view is the same as from UA lot.