Others on A.net can hate me or appreciate what I am doing, but I am trying to find out what computer equipment and software the screeners here on A.net use to view and judge photos. I hope that your answers to the following questions will help give an insite as to what is used in the screening process. Here is what I would like to know:
- What type of computer do you use (MAC, PC or Laptop)?
- What type of monitor do you use (CRT or LCD)?
- What is the size of your monitor?
- Has your monitor been calibrated?
- If the monitor is calibrated, what software has been used to calibrate the monitor?
- What operating system do you use on your computer?
- What is monitor screen resolution?
- How is your screen set to deal with lower resolution photos (center them or stretch them)?
- What software do you use to view & judge photos (Photoshop, PS Elements, GIMP, Corel Paint Shop Pro, Windows picture viewer)?
- What is your technique to view and judge photos?
Thank you for your time and hope to hear from as many screeners who wish to participate in this thread.