Can This Motive Reject Be Improved?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:55 pm

I took this shot a while ago, and it was rejected for motive. This is the only vantage point available to get an overview of the BAe Systems facility at Samlesbury, England without hiring an aircraft (and I ain't going to do that just for an overview!). The shot was rejected for motive so there isn't much that can be done. However, I was wondering why it may have been rejected for motive. Could it be because I tried to include all the buildings with too little runway?

Any comments would be appreciated. I might have another trip up the hill if the sun ever makes an appearance for another try!

Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 683 File size: 524kb

Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

RE: Can This Motive Reject Be Improved?

Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:37 pm

Hi Darren,

I am guessing here, so take it for that! I think it will be very difficult from that point to take a picture of this airfield that shows enough airfield to get accepted here. I know you want to show all the facilities there, but by doing so the actual runways almost get completely lost, and the flat angle does not help, either! Now, your picture looks like a nice landscape, which happens to have a little runway in between, so I can see the rejection.
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!