picturethis

How Could This Be Improved?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 am

Hi All,

Nice and simple one really, how could this photo be improved?
Big version: Width: 1100 Height: 825 File size: 726kb

It is a preliminary edit, so anything you notice please tell as I would like it to be in database.

Thanks for the help.
Ryan
Make sure they know we're playing the game, but we don't need to play the game because we've already won the game.

dazbo5

RE: How Could This Be Improved?

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 am

Looks fantastic to me exactly as it is!

Darren
Equipment: 2x Canon EOS 50D; Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM, 50-500 EX APO DG, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Speedlite 430EX

9V

Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:58 am

Was it shot in RAW? I like the motive but it looks poorly exposed around the nose and cockpit windows and soft around certain parts like the wings but sharp around the engines. The aircraft also looks too low in the frame.

picturethis

Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:53 am

Quoting Dazbo5 (Reply 1):
Looks fantastic to me exactly as it is!

Hi Darren, glad you like it!

Quoting 9V (Reply 2):
Was it shot in RAW? I like the motive but it looks poorly exposed around the nose and cockpit windows and soft around certain parts like the wings but sharp around the engines. The aircraft also looks too low in the frame.

Hi 9V.

No it wasn't shot in RAW. I've tried it out but I found some of the results to be more grainy than usual with my 300D. I remember Tim Goodwin having a similar problem with his.

Anyway, it amazes me how the exposure can vary from nose to the wings, how do you keep control of this? The sharpening can probably be improved by selective sharpening and I noticed it was too low when I uploaded it but I forgot to mention it.

Thanks for the help.

Any other ideas anyone?
Ryan
Make sure they know we're playing the game, but we don't need to play the game because we've already won the game.

picturethis

Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:14 am

It was accepted:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ryan McGrath U.K.

It is my 100th photo, thanks to everyone who has helped me so far!

PictureThis  Smile