TFJamie
Topic Author

Few Shots From The Maintenance Hangar In The DB

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:17 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone here knew why there are so comparatively few shots in the DB of aircraft undergoing heavy maintenance. I would imagine that pending agreement by the airline it would be relatively easy for a photographer to gain access to a maintenance center and I would also consider that with good equipment interesting shots of temporarily dismantled aircraft could be obtained.

This especially regards the outside of the aircraft.

Can anyone shed a light on this? Is there some policy on secrecy about the checks?

Maybe I didn't search well enough...

Regards

embraer145

RE: Few Shots From The Maintenance Hangar In The DB

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:36 pm

Probably because large parts of the aircraft are not visible due to equipment, tools and scaffolding parts. I've tried to upload a businessjet under maintenance once. Rejected because an toolbox was covering the maingear.
A few others are in the DB with nothing blocking parts of the aircraft. So that will obviously be the standard just like gate shots with obstructing airport equipment etc.

Regards

Aart Langevoort
DAI - Dutch Aviation Images.

PlymSpotter

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:00 am

Some airlines do not like to have their aircraft photographed in such situations. At the ZRH Airliners.net meet last summer there was a Virgin A346 in for a check/maintainance which we had a good look at, our guide talked about the procedures which took place and showed us around, but no photographs were allowed to be taken, as the airline had requested this.

Dan Smile
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

YANQUI67

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:06 am

I have tried before to upload some pics from the Delta TOC, but Anet rejected them for motive. A loss in my opinion.

skidmarks

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:43 am

Same here. I've had a couple taken in the hangar here on the island rejected. I dont bother now. Well, there wont be any more after April as the hangar is now up for sale.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

lufthansi

Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:01 am

I tried really often to show pics out of LH hangars. They have been rejected. But if you check for your desired pics on myaviation.net you might get lucky. Something always is wrong. Light conditions are wrong (dark inside and bright outside) or equipment blocking the view. People on the pics or planes that should remain "secret" due to private owners or accidents... It's hard! 737doctor has put up a few some years ago from Southwest airlines. They're really good!
Life starts at take-off!

Psych

Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:14 am

I had an invitation around the MyTravel hangar at MAN last year, but unfortunately - as mentioned above - my attempts were rejected here for motive. A.net have such tricky rules regarding any part of the aircraft being blocked, or cropped awkwardly, that it becomes very difficult to get the right angles to find a motive that would be acceptable. Also, aircraft in hangars - especially taken at wide angle - present serious challenges for levelling  wink .

Certainly the guys there were very friendly and accommodating, and generally happy for me to snap away to my hearts content.

Paul