walter2222

Picture Disappeared After Motiv Rejection?

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 am

Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to upload a tail-shot of a Tornado and it got rejected for motiv. I brought it up in this forum and one of the explanations was "awkward crop". Last week, I had another look at the original and I decided to try a closer crop. Unfortunately, after a short time in screening, it was again rejected for motiv. I am not questioning the motiv, because we all know this can be very subjective.

The shot did however no longer appear in my rejection list and I am wondering why? I did upload the same shot, but I included a note to the screeners that I had performed a new crop and a complete new edit. Would they consider this as an appeal (after an appeal, shots disappear from the rejection list)? Has anybody had this before?

This was the shot in question:

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00971814

Best regards,

Walter
Canon 347d mkII ;-) - EFS10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - EFS18-55mm - EF28-105mm f3.5/4.5 - EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6l IS USM - ...

clickhappy

RE: Picture Disappeared After Motiv Rejection?

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:19 am

I am confused  Smile

You had one rejection.

Then you reworked it and reuploaded.

Did you appeal the first shot? The only way I have seen photos 'disapear' from a rejection list is either it was appealed, or the photog was banned, thus deleting all their photos in the system.

walter2222

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Royal,

Yes, I was confused as well  Smile

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 1):
You had one rejection.

Then you reworked it and reuploaded.

checkmark 

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 1):
Did you appeal the first shot?

No, I did not appeal it. I brought it to the forum to find out what was the reason behind the motiv. All I can remember was that some found it was an awkward crop. That's why I decided to rework it and produce another crop... When I noticed that the shot had disappeared, I thought I had done something wrong (or something which is not allowed according the A.net rules)... Since I always want to learn from a rejection, certainly about cropping tail-shots correctly  Smile , it was a little bit inconvenient that the shot had gone.

Best regards,

Walter
Canon 347d mkII ;-) - EFS10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM - EFS18-55mm - EF28-105mm f3.5/4.5 - EF100-400mm f4.5-5.6l IS USM - ...

bmibaby737

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:51 pm

BTW: If you appeal a photo, it appears right at the bottum of all your rejected images in myphotos. Just without the image there.

walter2222

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:10 am

Quoting BmiBaby737 (Reply 3):
BTW: If you appeal a photo, it appears right at the bottum of all your rejected images in myphotos. Just without the image there.

That's correct, but I did NOT appeal this one, I just did a complete re-edit, starting with another crop... (and when I noticed that the image had disappeared, I thought I had done something against the rules...).

Best regards,

Walter