avroarrow

Would This Stand A Chance?

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:51 am

I recently purchased a new camera and I have been trying to improve my photoshop skills. I finally made it to an airport last week after waiting for the weather to be bearable enough for me to stand outside for a few hours without nasty physical side effects. Here is an image that is representative of some of the shots I managed to get. Obviously if I tried to upload I would upload a version without my name typed in the sky. It was taken about an hour before winter sunset and is only a photo of an AC A320, so not that inspiring or unique, but you have to work with what you get right?
Big version: Width: 1024 Height: 681 File size: 341kb

So what do you think? Good enough? Salvagable? Or should I give up and try tennis?
Give me a mile of road and I can take you a mile. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.

san747

RE: Would This Stand A Chance?

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:53 am

That's not bad at all, though it does look a little soft in the back of the fuselage... Can you post the original picture?
Scotty doesn't know...

Psych

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:12 am

Looks like there is a lot of potential there. Nothing major wrong, though a little selective sharpening (e.g. the cabin windows) looks like it will help.

So for me that's not far off as it stands - a little more work on the sharpening should do it.

All the best.

Paul

AirTranTUS

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:53 am

Quoting AvroArrow (Thread starter):
AC A320

It's an A319. I would hate for it to be rejected for something like that.
I love ASO!

avroarrow

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:10 am

Yes it is a 319, brief slip on my part when writing the post.  embarrassed  Good thing the autocomplete function would have saved me during the upload process. I'll have another crack at re-doing the sharpening especially around the back end and the windows. Thanks for the input so far guys.
Give me a mile of road and I can take you a mile. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.