s.p.a.s.

Oversharpened? Yeah, Sure...

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 pm

From yestarday into today had a lot of rejections, mainly due "oversharpened"...

This is one of the photos rejected:
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r.../big/20070226_PRGOC_SBGL_AN_RS.jpg

And another one:
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/r.../big/20070226_PRGPA_SBSP_AN_RS.jpg

Perhaps one could point me where I overshapened it, because I really can't see it...

Thanks!

RS

[Edited 2007-02-26 10:44:56]
"ad astra per aspera"

aussie18
Crew

RE: Oversharpened? Yeah, Sure...

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:53 pm

The Dassault Falcon has noticable jaggies wing/flaps,At the rear of the aircraft where the blue ends its jaggy,Rego in spots.
The GOL 737 looks to lack quality,the nose is soft,GOL titling looks jaggy,tail looks abit jaggy.

Cheers Mark.

LIPH

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:34 pm

RS,
I'd probably have rejected them for being a bit grainy, rather than for being overshapened. It's also true that oversharping pics means also to make them to become grainy. Both of them (especially the falcon one) suffer from this issue.

Ciao
Life sucks. Then you die. Live fast, die young.

acontador

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi RS,

Not many A.net photogs from Lichtenstein!  wave 

The Falcon is a close one but I'd have to agree with the others, you just did one USM pass too much!

Quoting Aussie18 (Reply 1):
The Dassault Falcon has noticeable jaggies wing/flaps,At the rear of the aircraft where the blue ends its jaggy,Rego in spots.
The GOL 737 looks to lack quality,the nose is soft,GOL titling looks jaggy,tail looks abit jaggy.

checkmark 
For me the Gol does not look as you can improve that much quality, but the Falcon one should be possible to have it up to A.net standard.
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!

dc10tim

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:37 pm

Quoting Acontador (Reply 3):
you just did one USM pass too much!

The grain looks similar to that when you use too large a radius for sharpening.

The 737 shot looks as though it was slightly soft and then had sharpening applied.

Regards,

Tim.
Obviously missing something....

Silver1SWA
Crew

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:43 am

S.p.a.s.,

I think the problem with the first one is similar to a problem I had with a rejection recently. I thought everything looked fine and was surprised by the rejection as well. The rejection included a personal note from the screener saying the background was in sharper focus than the aircraft. It was something I didn't even notice until it was pointed out to me. I think your 737 pic has a similar thing going on. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do about that.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Lanas

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:26 am

Quoting Silver1SWA (Reply 5):
the background was in sharper focus than the aircraft.

I agree here. The Gol aircraft looks blurry, and the intention to compensate that may have led to some jaggies, but I don´t think the quality can be saved.
The Falcon is clearly jagged in the fuselage windows, blue/white colour transition, nose landing gear, registration, flap and slats sections and the reflections around the aileron.
I think I see some compression artifacts in the background wings as well, but I´m not sure.

Hope it helps.  Smile

Cheers!
Lanas.-
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien