JakTrax
Topic Author

Question For Screeners

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi,

Firstly, this is not a moan, just curiosity.

I recently uploaded a pic (the first I believe - the reg. wasn't in the database and neither was the airline) of a Plaza Air Services ATR-72, EC-KAD, which was promptly accepted. What I'm wondering is why it hasn't appeared in the news/what's new section on the front page? It may not be the world's most exciting colour scheme but it's a new reg. and a new airline, so surely it qualifies? As I say, it's no big deal for me but it would be nice to get a pic on the front page.

Thanks,

Karl

ThierryD
Crew

RE: Question For Screeners

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:10 am

Not a screener but I was in the similar situation 2 or 3 times. At the time one of the screeners told me that pictures are only added to the news section if judged important enough. Until now I haven't found out what would qualify as "important enough" though. It's a rather subjective decision.

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

JakTrax
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:15 am

Thanks Thierry.

I would have thought a brand new airline would be pretty important, irrespective of its colour scheme. It's also a brand new registration - one of the first to have a 'K' suffix.

*UPDATE* I just found a pic added today of Plaza's new 727-200F, EC-JHC, which appears to be operated by Swiftair. Same colour scheme, except the ATR is pax. Again, not added to the news section.

Karl

[Edited 2007-03-04 16:20:11]

bmibaby737

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:36 am

Did you get in touch with anyone at Airliners.net crew to ask for it to be added to the news? Crew may not have relised it was a new airline/livery.

This acording to the websites guidelines is of banner quality.

This is however, in the incorrect forum acording to previous posts of such requests.

[Edited 2007-03-04 16:41:02]

clickhappy

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:00 am

Usually new types, schemes, logojets etc do get a banner, I did one yesterday for the new Spanair logojet, post the pictures here and we will sort it out.

Royal

Silver1SWA
Crew

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:44 am

I wondered the same thing when I uploaded the first pics of Southwest's first 737-300 with winglets. I wasn't sure if it simply didn't qualify as newsworthy, or if I was supposed to communicate with the screeners at the time of upload/acceptance.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

JakTrax
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:57 am

Thanks Royal. Here they are (the 727 isn't mine but I'd imagine the photographer won't mind his pic having a boost).

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1183736/M/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1184326/M/

Just for future reference, what is the procedure for examples such as these? I thought my comment indicated that this was a new aircraft/reg, along with the fact that it was tagged as a priority upload? Or do I need to put it as a message to the screeners when I get to the final upload screen?

Thanks,

Karl

clickhappy

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:06 am

I see what happened (I was actually the screener who direct added the ATR shot). We do not do banners for hybrid liveriers, although they do get added on a priority basis if they are new.

However, it would appear that this is infact their livery (talk about eurowhite!) and therefore a banner has been added.

Royal