SNATH
Topic Author

Yokes Cut Off In Cockpit Picture -> Motiv?

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi all,

(click for the larger version)

In the above picture, the yokes are cut off (I couldn't move further back, as the captain had his suitcase on his seat and it would have blocked my view). Is that an automatic MOTIV?

Yes, it needs a bit more editing and maybe cropping... I didn't spend much time on it; I'm only just asking about the cut off yokes issue. Thanks!

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

ptrjong

RE: Yokes Cut Off In Cockpit Picture -> Motiv?

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:54 pm

If you crop the left/right halves of the handlebars out almost entirely, together with the seat parts below perhaps, it will look better I think. I wouldn't expect a motive rejection on this part.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

LIPH

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:06 pm

Tony,
I don't think you'll get a motive rej for this reason, but the pic needs some CCW rotation.

Ciao
Life sucks. Then you die. Live fast, die young.

JeffM

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Yes, I think the half yokes will be a motive rejection if the rest of the photo was up to standards, but I wouldn't worry about the motive as the image has other problems. Glare on the right, too dark on the left, blurry in some areas, etc.

Lanas

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:19 pm

Hi Tony

Quoting JeffM (Reply 3):
Glare on the right, too dark on the left,

I agree with this. This gives an odd feel to the picture.

Quoting Ptrjong (Reply 1):
If you crop the left/right halves of the handlebars out almost entirely, together with the seat parts below perhaps, it will look better I think.

You could crop tighter on the screens and leave the seats out too, I guess. You´d be leaving out the glare on the right if you did this. Maybe it could work.

Hope it helps. Good luck!  Smile

Lanas.-
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien

SNATH
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments! I tried two more crops, one tighter, another one even tighter.

Any better?

Quoting JeffM (Reply 3):
Yes, I think the half yokes will be a motive rejection if the rest of the photo was up to standards, but I wouldn't worry about the motive as the image has other problems. Glare on the right, too dark on the left, blurry in some areas, etc.

Jeff, why is it that every time you reply to my av photo posts, I get stressed out?  Wink

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.