Now we are talking. I can see you are using a Panasonic DMC-TZ1. I have never seen an original picture taken by it, so I will just assume that this is the best quality you can get from this camera (you have selected highest possible quality in camera?).
Just from looking at the original file and without any editing I would assume this one will not make it - just too low overall quality. Nevertheless, I had a try at editing, and this is the result (not even close to A.net standard):
Edit was as follows (all in different layers):
- Resize to 1024x768 to better suit the motive. Centered so as to have as little as possible space on top/below, and equal space on both sides of the wings.
- Removed dust spots by equalizing a layer, then using clone stamp tool (one on the right side).
- Adjusted levels (image was underexposed).
- Selected sky only, applied noise reduction (would not do that for an image for A.net, but yours is just way too grainy).
- Inverse selection to select plane only
- Adjusted saturation (increased slightly) and contrast (increased slightly).
- Corrected a slight blue color cast.
- Applied some noise reduction to the plane only (again only for this one).
- Sharpened using smart sharpening (50%)
- Saved with highest quality settings.