monteycarlos

Watermark Help

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to add a watermark to images already on the database and wondered how it would be possible to do so?

It is sad I have had to resort to this, as I was one who orginally did not agree on the watermark feature, however it seems that I have no other option.

Thanks,

Carl
It's a beautiful night to fly like a phoenix...

eadster

RE: Watermark Help

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:49 pm

No other option? You don't have to have use the watermark feature.

It just slows people when they decide to steal a shot thats all.

Not sure how one goes about placing one on shots already in the DB.

It may be a question for the site related area maybe...

Sorry can't help you out.

monteycarlos

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:54 pm

Quoting Eadster (Reply 1):
It just slows people when they decide to steal a shot thats all.

Correct... and hopefully for the less aware con artist, he won't be able to remove it.

Quoting Eadster (Reply 1):
Sorry can't help you out.

Nevermind... Thanks for the help.

ThierryD
Crew

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Carl, if you want to add a watermark to photos already in the db you'll have to re-upload them. That's quite an easy and quick move though (unless you wanna do it with 1000+ photos  Wink).
I'd recommend though that you thoroughly think about using watermarks. Misuse sometimes happens but all in all it's not that common and you gotta ask yourself the question "Why am I uploading here to A.net? For the fun of it and let other people enjoy my photos or to have a big audience and make sales via A.net?" If the former is true, forget about watermarks as they lessen the viewing pleasure and if the latter is the case, I honestly think you choose the wrong medium with A.net anyway.

Cheers,

Thierry
"Go ahead...make my day"

JeffM

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Quoting Monteycarlos (Thread starter):
I would like to add a watermark to images already on the database and wondered how it would be possible to do so?

You are making the right choice. Unfortunately you have to re-upload each one for the time being. One can only hope that some day soon there is a batch method to adding it for shots already in.

monteycarlos

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting ThierryD (Reply 3):
For the fun of it and let other people enjoy my photos

Thierry, I in fact upload my photos to the db for that purpose. I am nothing more than a hobby photographer. However, something you have not accounted for is that I make my uploads in good faith with the assumption that those who view them will respect the fact that they are indeed my work. I know this is a problem experienced by many (and probably even yourself) before.

Now since I have been aware of someone deliberately using my photo as their own work, I believe I have little choice other than to upload with a watermark. I for one fully agree that it decreases the viewing pleasure and image quality, however I also must now concede that there are people out there who will not act in good faith and use my images (and the images of other a.net users) without permission. As you can see, it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth to have to do this.

Quoting ThierryD (Reply 3):
You are making the right choice. Unfortunately you have to re-upload each one for the time being. One can only hope that some day soon there is a batch method to adding it for shots already in.

Thanks Jeff...  Wink