Avsfan
Topic Author

Stolen Photos By Poondog Again

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:15 am

Poondog is at it again. Not sure who remembers this guy, but back in Nov 2006 he posted a lot of photos from a.net on his page at www.flickr.com. Here is his most recent posting of photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/poonawala64/. I saw 2 of mine there along with some from a few guys I know from www.fencecheck.com. I did pass this info onto the guys from www.fencecheck.com and they are working things from their side too. I did send an e-mail to this Poondog pointing out two of the photos and asked if he was given permission from the photographer (not mentioning that they were my photos) if he could put the photos on his webpage. I have not heard back yet, but am curious to see what happens. When this happened before, I did send a message to the www.flickr.com administrators identifying the stolen photos, but Poondog had removed all of the photos before they could verify this. I am hoping that I can catch him this time.

Louis
"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth...Put out my hand and touched the face of God"

maiznblu_757

RE: Stolen Photos By Poondog Again

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:58 am

Here we go again...

What is up with this guy?!?!

Avsfan
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 am

I just checked his web page and he has removed all of the photos...again. I am really hoping that yahoo will do something about this guy.
"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth...Put out my hand and touched the face of God"

graphic

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Next time just send the e-mail straight to Flickr.
Demand Media fails at life

monteycarlos

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:36 pm

Had a similar experience with a Myspace user recently claiming my photo as his own.

I never contacted him, but rather went straight to myspace and also let all the other photographers whose work he had stolen know. I am still in the process of getting information from myspace so the appropriate action can be taken. He has since made his profile private however I have taken a number of screen shots which will be good evidence shall I need it!

Smile

My suggestion is read up on the terms and conditions of the flickr site. If they state, like myspace do, that your account will be deleted if you post copyrighted material, then they ought to follow through with that at your request. That is the process I am in with myspace at the moment.
It's a beautiful night to fly like a phoenix...