in couple of weeks I am about to buy myself D200. I thought that I will get it with 18-200mm Nikkor lens. However, over past couple of days I started to make more research and I have discovered 50-150mm by Sigma. I know that is lacks the versatility of 18-200mm, but I believe that 50-150 is still good for walk-around lens. What strong point is that this lens is f/2.8, which is pretty fast.
I would like to get to aviation photography. For time being I like to take pictures of everything, well my least favorite subject are people.
I have been using SLRs for past 5 years (Canon T70) and I have a huge learning curve. However there is still more to go.
Anyways, which option would suit my needs?
1. Get Nikon D200 w/ 18-200 mm by Nikkor
2. Get D200 w/ 50-150 mm by Sigma one from the following: i. 50 mm Nikkor ii. SB
3. Get D200 w/ 18-200 by Sigma and 50 mm Nikkor and SB
4. Get D200 w/ 50-150 mm and 18-200 by Sigma
5. Get D200 w/ 18-200mm, 50-150mm and SB600 (least likely option)
6. Get D200 w/18-200mm and SB600
I believe that all of these items should not cost more than $2400, since that is what I am looking to spend on option number 1.
If for any reason you think that my options are not well suited for please let me know. If you think I should go for Canon, let me know privately.
Thanks for your help!